- Hatchet head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697
- As part of the hand-grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times, thereby increasing its density and resulting in extra durability of the hatchet
- Tempered zone on the axe head is designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings
- 16 in. curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil
- Comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with Swedish decorative elements
- Can be worn on a belt
- Hatchet is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed user's manual
- Hatchet head weight is 1 lb.
Concise story of Hults Bruk: It all started in 1697 with forging by hand using water driven hammers. Products being fabricated in the beginning included nails and iron bars which were then followed by hand tools such as axes and spades. The process has been upgraded a couple of times over the centuries, but the name and Swedish roots have withstood the test of time.
THIS ITEM SUBJECT TO ADDITIONAL SHIPPING COSTS. A SEPARATE SHIPPING INVOICE (VIA EMAIL) MAY BE SENT TO COMPLETE YOUR ORDER.